AL LL FL LH BL Series Dacromet-Plated Truck Sky Stacker Car Parking Hoisting Machine Conveyor Leaf Chain for Forklift
Leaf chains are known for their durability and high tensile strength. They are primarily used in lift device applications such as forklifts, lift trucks, and lift masts. These hard working chains handle the lifting and balancing of heavy loads with the use of sheaves instead of sprockets for guidance. One of the primary differences with leaf chain compared to roller chain is that it only consists of a series of stacked plates and pins, providing superior lifting strength.
Leaf chains are built of interlaced plates held together by rivet pins. They are built with the same high degree of precision as our roller chains. HKK Leaf chains are used for applications that require strong flexible linkage for transmitting motion or lift. Specially selected steel and unique heat treatment assures high strength and durability. The first number or numbers in leaf chains identifies the chain pitch, the last 2 numbers identify the chain’s lacing. New applications should use BL series leaf chains.
Leaf Chain is the most simple of steel chains, consisting only of link plates and pins. This chain generally has greater tensile strength than roller chains and runs over sheaves rather than sprockets. They are suitable for hanging, balancing or motion transmitting applications. Leaf chains are often used as counterweight chains for machine tools, elevator and oven doors, fork lift truck masts, spinning frames and similar lifting or balancing applications.
Plates are connected by pins and hold the tension loaded on the chain.
Weight Per Foot (lbs)
|BL-1571||2X3||1 – 1/4||0.437||1.154||0.187||1.13||5,830||32,200||2.95|
|BL-1034||3X4||1 – 1/4||0.437||1.154||0.187||1.52||7,000||50,400||4.08|
|BL-1046||4X6||1 – 1/4||0.437||1.154||0.187||2.11||8,140||64,500||5.79|
|BL-1223||2X3||1 – 1/2||0.500||1.382||0.220||1.33||8,250||41,300||4.15|
|BL-1234||3X4||1 – 1/2||0.500||1.382||0.220||1.80||9,900||67,000||5.85|
|BL-1246||4X6||1 – 1/2||0.500||1.382||0.220||2.47||11,300||82,600||8.30|
|BL-1423||2X3||1 – 3/4||0.562||1.610||0.250||1.52||11,000||52,400||5.57|
|BL-1434||3X4||1 – 3/4||0.562||1.610||0.250||2.05||13,200||86,200||7.75|
|BL-1446||4X6||1 – 3/4||0.562||1.610||0.250||2.82||15,100||104,800||11.03|
|Usage:||Transmission Chain, Drag Chain, Conveyor Chain, Dedicated Special Chain|
|Surface Treatment:||Oil Blooming|
Can leaf chains be used in hydraulic and pneumatic lifting systems?
Yes, leaf chains can be used in hydraulic and pneumatic lifting systems. Leaf chains are known for their high-strength and durability, making them suitable for various heavy-duty lifting applications, including those involving hydraulic or pneumatic systems. Here are some reasons why leaf chains are compatible with these lifting systems:
- Strength: Leaf chains are designed to withstand high loads and forces, which makes them ideal for hydraulic and pneumatic lifting systems that require substantial lifting capacity.
- Reliability: Leaf chains have a simple design with fewer moving parts, reducing the risk of failure in lifting systems where reliability is crucial.
- Compactness: Leaf chains have a compact profile, making them suitable for applications with limited space, such as hydraulic and pneumatic lifting systems.
- Wear Resistance: Leaf chains are manufactured using high-quality materials and heat-treated components, enhancing their wear resistance and longevity even under demanding conditions.
However, it’s essential to consider the specific requirements of the lifting application, including the load capacity, speed, and environmental factors. Regular maintenance and lubrication are also vital to ensure the optimal performance and longevity of the leaf chain in hydraulic and pneumatic lifting systems.
What are the temperature limits for leaf chains in extreme environments?
Leaf chains have temperature limits that depend on the materials they are made of and any additional coatings or treatments they undergo. In extreme environments, temperature considerations are essential to ensure the chains’ performance and longevity.
The temperature limits for leaf chains can vary, but here are some general guidelines:
- Standard Leaf Chains: Typically, standard leaf chains can operate in temperatures ranging from -20°C to 150°C (-4°F to 302°F). These chains are suitable for many industrial applications with moderate temperature variations.
- High-Temperature Chains: For more extreme environments, high-temperature leaf chains are available. These chains can withstand temperatures ranging from -40°C to 300°C (-40°F to 572°F) or even higher in some specialized cases.
- Low-Temperature Chains: In extremely cold environments, low-temperature leaf chains can be used. These chains are designed to perform well in temperatures as low as -60°C (-76°F) or lower.
It’s crucial to choose the right type of leaf chain that matches the specific temperature requirements of the application. Factors such as the surrounding conditions, operating duration, and load weight should also be considered when selecting leaf chains for extreme temperature environments.
Additionally, in some cases, lubrication and material choices can further extend the temperature range of leaf chains, ensuring reliable operation under challenging conditions.
Regular maintenance and inspections are necessary to monitor the condition of leaf chains and identify any signs of wear or damage that may occur in extreme temperature environments. This proactive approach helps ensure the safety and efficiency of lifting operations and extends the lifespan of the leaf chains.
editor by CX 2023-08-29