AL LL FL LH BL Series Dacromet-Plated Truck Sky Stacker Car Parking Hoisting Machine Conveyor Leaf Chain for Forklift
Leaf chains are known for their durability and high tensile strength. They are primarily used in lift device applications such as forklifts, lift trucks, and lift masts. These hard working chains handle the lifting and balancing of heavy loads with the use of sheaves instead of sprockets for guidance. One of the primary differences with leaf chain compared to roller chain is that it only consists of a series of stacked plates and pins, providing superior lifting strength.
Leaf chains are built of interlaced plates held together by rivet pins. They are built with the same high degree of precision as our roller chains. HKK Leaf chains are used for applications that require strong flexible linkage for transmitting motion or lift. Specially selected steel and unique heat treatment assures high strength and durability. The first number or numbers in leaf chains identifies the chain pitch, the last 2 numbers identify the chain’s lacing. New applications should use BL series leaf chains.
Leaf Chain is the most simple of steel chains, consisting only of link plates and pins. This chain generally has greater tensile strength than roller chains and runs over sheaves rather than sprockets. They are suitable for hanging, balancing or motion transmitting applications. Leaf chains are often used as counterweight chains for machine tools, elevator and oven doors, fork lift truck masts, spinning frames and similar lifting or balancing applications.
Plates are connected by pins and hold the tension loaded on the chain.
Weight Per Foot (lbs)
|BL-1571||2X3||1 – 1/4||0.437||1.154||0.187||1.13||5,830||32,200||2.95|
|BL-1034||3X4||1 – 1/4||0.437||1.154||0.187||1.52||7,000||50,400||4.08|
|BL-1046||4X6||1 – 1/4||0.437||1.154||0.187||2.11||8,140||64,500||5.79|
|BL-1223||2X3||1 – 1/2||0.500||1.382||0.220||1.33||8,250||41,300||4.15|
|BL-1234||3X4||1 – 1/2||0.500||1.382||0.220||1.80||9,900||67,000||5.85|
|BL-1246||4X6||1 – 1/2||0.500||1.382||0.220||2.47||11,300||82,600||8.30|
|BL-1423||2X3||1 – 3/4||0.562||1.610||0.250||1.52||11,000||52,400||5.57|
|BL-1434||3X4||1 – 3/4||0.562||1.610||0.250||2.05||13,200||86,200||7.75|
|BL-1446||4X6||1 – 3/4||0.562||1.610||0.250||2.82||15,100||104,800||11.03|
|Usage:||Transmission Chain, Drag Chain, Conveyor Chain, Dedicated Special Chain|
|Surface Treatment:||Oil Blooming|
Can leaf chains be used in mining and excavation equipment?
Yes, leaf chains can be used in mining and excavation equipment for various lifting and pulling applications. Mining and excavation equipment often require heavy-duty components that can withstand harsh and demanding conditions. Leaf chains are well-suited for these environments due to their robust construction and high load-bearing capabilities.
Some common applications of leaf chains in mining and excavation equipment include:
- Bucket Elevators: Leaf chains are used in bucket elevators to lift and transport bulk materials, such as coal, ores, and minerals.
- Draglines: Leaf chains are employed in draglines to control the bucket movements for digging and moving large amounts of earth.
- Excavators: Leaf chains are utilized in the lifting arms and booms of excavators to perform digging and material handling tasks.
- Haul Trucks: Leaf chains are used in haul trucks to support heavy loads during the transportation of mined materials.
- Conveyor Systems: Leaf chains can be incorporated into conveyor systems to move materials efficiently within the mining site.
When using leaf chains in mining and excavation equipment, it is essential to consider factors such as the chain’s load capacity, wear resistance, and resistance to environmental elements like dust, moisture, and chemicals. Regular maintenance and proper lubrication are also crucial to ensure the chains perform reliably and have a long service life in these demanding applications.
Can leaf chains be used in automotive manufacturing and assembly line equipment?
Yes, leaf chains can be used in automotive manufacturing and assembly line equipment, and they are a popular choice for various lifting and handling tasks in this industry. The automotive sector involves the production of vehicles, which requires the movement of heavy components and assemblies throughout the assembly process.
Leaf chains offer several advantages that make them suitable for automotive manufacturing and assembly line equipment:
- High Strength: Leaf chains are known for their high tensile strength, allowing them to handle heavy loads commonly found in automotive applications.
- Reliability: Leaf chains are designed to provide reliable performance under continuous operation, making them ideal for the demanding and fast-paced nature of automotive assembly lines.
- Compact Design: Leaf chains have a compact and lightweight design relative to the loads they can handle, which is beneficial in space-constrained automotive production environments.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to some other lifting solutions, leaf chains offer a cost-effective option without compromising on strength and durability.
In the automotive industry, leaf chains are commonly used in various applications, such as lifting car bodies, positioning engine components, moving robotic arms, and handling parts on the assembly line.
Automotive manufacturers prioritize efficiency and precision during assembly processes. Leaf chains can be customized to meet specific requirements, including high-precision positioning and reliable load lifting. Their ability to handle heavy loads and provide stable and accurate movements makes them valuable components in automotive manufacturing and assembly line equipment.
Overall, the robustness, reliability, and cost-effectiveness of leaf chains make them a suitable choice for the dynamic and demanding environment of automotive manufacturing and assembly line equipment.
editor by CX 2023-10-25